April 2010

Please be patient, as this blog is a work in progress. I am actively searching for and adding more recipes so check back frequently and make yourself familiar with the labels/categories below on the right side of the page.

Blue Apple Chicken Bacon Salad


This salad tastes so much better than this picture can give credit to. It's a salad that is sold at my local Cracker Barrel that looked good on the menu and I just had to try at home.

It's compiled of romaine heart, apples, red onion, bacon pieces, blue cheese and chicken (seasoned with garlic salt and pepper) and drizzled with Brianna's real french vinaigrette which has a cider vinegar base.

http://www.briannassaladdressing.com/flavors/french-vinaigrette.html Sold at your local grocery store. I have found it on both coasts easily.

Chef's Note: This is a must try recipe! My son says its the best salad he has ever had and I would put it in my top 3. The flavors, although seemingly odd, work so well with each other. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

No comments: