April 2010

Please be patient, as this blog is a work in progress. I am actively searching for and adding more recipes so check back frequently and make yourself familiar with the labels/categories below on the right side of the page.

Crepes






If you have ever been afraid of making crepes, well fear no longer. These things could not be easier to make. Now, I'm not going to lie and guarantee that your first one will be pretty but neither is mine if my pan is not properly seasoned or oiled. I have not found a perfect "clean" crepe recipe yet but if you want to start out with the real thing, here is a recipe that I use time and again and never fails me. These are even great if you add lemon or orange peel to the batter. Crepes can be sweet or savory but I commonly use them as an alternative means of getting more protein by filling them with a lot of yogurt cheese that's been blended with vanilla and a little honey and  then drizzling fruit syrup all over the top of the finished rolled crepes.

Chef's Note: If you have IBS you might want to save this one for dessert. I have tried on many occasions and my stomach can not handle that much yogurt on an empty stomach. Your much better off staying away from even the safest of dairy and fats (i.e. peanut butter) for breakfast and stick to fruit (bananas are great for peopel with IBS on an empty stomach), whole grains and lean meats. You have to be careful what you eat, more so after you have starved your stomach all night long.


Crepes can look lavish when presented in the purse fashion. They can also take the place of tortillas and flat breads and have much less calories.

No comments: