April 2010

Please be patient, as this blog is a work in progress. I am actively searching for and adding more recipes so check back frequently and make yourself familiar with the labels/categories below on the right side of the page.

Faux Jimmy Dean Sausage



I don't know about you but Jimmy Dean sausage takes me back to my childhood of biscuits and gravy or sausage patties on toast with mustard. Did anyone else ever eat that? Well I stumbled on a few ingredients that mock the taste of Jimmy Dean sausage pretty closely.

I don't have the ingredients down to a science just yet and I will post them as I get it just right. I make these patties on an as need basis. I freeze 2 oz servings of turkey sausage and pull out individual bags as I need them. The recipe is simple... 2 oz of ground turkey, roughly n 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and about 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning. No kidding, that's it. Mix well and brown on a skillet that is oiled with olive oil. The olive oil not only keeps it from sticking but if you leave the sausage alone and not keep checking on it, it actually crisps up like Jimmy Dean sausage does. If your a fan of Jimmy Dean sausage like I am, give this a try and let me know what you think.

No comments: